Mary Charlene Hendrix went to be with her Lord and Savior and her beloved husband, Marvis, on September 7, 2013 at her home in Midland, Texas. She was born on April 19, 1932 in Seagraves, Texas to Mary Edith Clark and Raymond Hicks. She was united in Holy Matrimony with Marvis Thomas Hendrix, Sr. on June 27, 1949. They lived in Snyder, Texas for 57 years and she spent the last 7 years in Midland, Texas.
Charlene was a wonderful homemaker and owned her own custom drapery business in Snyder. She and Marvis belonged to Greenhill Baptist Church for over 30 years. They were members of Trinity United Methodist and First United Methodist Church of Snyder prior to their move to Midland. In Midland, Charlene and Marvis joined First United Methodist Churchy. Charlene was always an active teacher in the church. In Midland, she participated as a volunteer with the First Impressions Team, the Stephen's Ministry, was a member of the Homer Fort Fellowship Class, Moore and More Bible Study, and Women of Worship. Charlene was also an active member of her community both in Snyder and in Midland. She was in the Midland WalkAbout Club, a volunteer at Sibley Nature Center, the Snyder Hospice and was a docent at the Snyder Museum. Charlene loved films and photography and took classes and studied all of her adult life.
Charlene was the primary caregiver for her beloved husband, Marvis, until his death on May 18, 2010. She was also preceded in death by her parents, her step parents, her brothers, Raymond and Kenneth Hicks and Jack Clark.
She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Tommy and Sammie Sue Hendrix of Victoria, Texas, her daughter and son-in-law, Susie and Randy Mason of Reno, Nevada, her daughter and son-in-law, Judy and Randy Billingsley of Midland, Texas. She is also survived by her grandchildren: Rachel and her husband Tim Cline, Jason Billingsley, Wesley Hendrix and Lindsey Hendrix. She had two great grandsons, Andrew Bowling and Lleyton Billingsley.
Donations may be made to Hospice of Midland or First United Methodist Church